I found this Interesting facts and thought to share with you mums…… Some I do agree with and some I don’t .
Do you know that…
- A newborn baby has about one cup of blood in its body.
- After birth, the human brain more than doubles to reach 60% of its adult size by the time a baby is 1 year old. By kindergarten, the brain has reached its full size but it typically does not finish developing until the child is in its mid-20s.
- The word “baby” may come from a baby’s babbling, as in “ba-ba-ba-ba.
- Research indicates that a baby’s name influences a baby’s life into adulthood. For example, a newborn boy with a more “feminine” name could lead to behavioral problems in life.
- Children don’t remember much before the age of 3, due to what psychologists call “infantile amnesia.” Neuroscientists believe that early experiences never make it into long-term memory banks because the brain’s recording machinery isn’t functional yet or because memory is tied to language acquisition.
- A baby will eat an estimated 15 pounds of cereal per year.
- In the late 19th century, it was medically accepted in Europe and America that “infants who persisted in the habit of sucking always become masturbators.” Not only were pacifiers considered unhealthy, parents were instructed to tie their children’s hands to their cribs or to stuff their hands inside aluminum mittens.
- Psychologists believe that a baby’s self-awareness develops around 12 months old.
Do you agree with all or not ? Share your thoughts.
Source – www.factretriever.com