So,baby have started solid and you re both enjoying this new phase. And then all of a sudden, No poop for days . You start calling the whole world to tell them how your baby’s poop is on strike and you don’t know what to do…. Dear mum, It is called constipation .
Calm down mama! do not panic!!
Constipation in babies is very common especially when they are being transitioned to solid. When you introduce a new food to your baby, their system needs to adapt and also is their poop. It changes and they could go days without a sight of poop, and trust me when they do poop…..the whole neighbourhood will know from the smell. But as long as their poop is wet and squishy not watery,I guess you are fine and baby is okay
SIGNS OF CONSTIPATION
- When you gently press down the stomach,your baby’s tummy feels hard to the hand .
- Your baby is uneasy,doesn’t want to feed and fussy
- baby cries when he/she wants to poop or baby pushes poop harder .
- Baby’s poop looks hard.
DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS FOODS CAN TRIGGER CONSTIPATION
- Rice cereal
REMEDIES FOR CONSTIPATION IN BABIES
- Switch to foods with fibre
- Give baby more water in addition to either the breastmilk or formula baby’s already taken .
- Avocado and sweet potatoes are good anti-constipation foods .
- Do baby circles: Place baby facing up , move babies leg in a circular motion.
- A warm bath can also help .
If you have remedies that has worked for you , kindly leave a comment……..