Please enjoy baby facts for this week……
- Babies are born with natural swimming abilities and can hold their breath. However, this ability quickly disappears….. I guess that is why many mums allow their babies learn swimming early.
- Salt receptors on the tongue develop roughly four months after birth
- At around 6 months old, a baby learns that each object is unique. Before this time, whenever it sees a bird in a tree, it always assumes it was the same bird….. But babies recognize their mother’s scent before 6 months of age .
- The brain of a newborn accounts for 10% of its total body weight. In adults this figure is down to 2%. By the end of the first year, an infant’s brain increases in size two and half times, and by the end of the fifth year, it is three times what it was at birth. At all stages, the male brain is slightly larger than that of the female.
- On the whole, boy babies are slightly heavier than girl babies. The average weight of a newborn boy is 7 lbs. 10 oz. while that of a newborn girl is 7 lbs. 2 oz.
- On average, female babies spend a day longer in the womb than male babies. White babies, on average, spend five days longer inside their mothers than black babies, while Indian babies spend six days longer in the womb than white babies .
…….. what do you think about this baby facts?