Long time no baby facts, Serving you your Baby Facts for this week…….
- An average baby will go through approximately 2,700 diapers a year. ….. please convert to cash…… lol
- Up until 7 months old, a baby can breathe and swallow at the same time
- .The term “infant” is from the Latin “infans”, meaning “unable to speak” and typically refers to the ages from 1-12 months. A “newborn” usually refers to an infant in the first 28 days of life.
- Newborns prefer looking at a drawing of a face rather than a random pattern, and they prefer smiling faces to grumpy ones.
- Research shows that a newborn responds positively to the fragrance of its mother’s breasts and ignores breast pads used by other women. Even more striking is the discovery that a blindfolded woman has the ability to identify her own child from a host of other babies by scent alone.
- At the moment of birth, a baby’s heart beats at 180 pulses per minute. Within a few hours, the rate falls to 140 pulses. At 1 year old, the infant heart rate is 115 beats per minute. An adult’s average resting level is 70-80 beats a minute.
- The grasp of a newborn baby is so strong that its whole body can hang in midair, with its bent fingers supporting its weight…. DO NOT EXPERIMENT…….