So, I visited a friend recently and guess what we gisted about egg yolk…..yes egg yolk! She shared a recipe which i will in turn be sharing with you all. As mums, we need to be on our toes when it comes to feeding our kids the best and It is is surely a good way to start your little cutie on the food journey. Not only is it nutritious…It is over-nutritious. Except if you have an egg allergy running in the family but if not, boil an egg right now and feed that baby the yolk! and this is why:-
- Do you know that parents who institute the practice of feeding their babies egg yolk will be rewarded with children who speak and take directions at an early age ( Weston A. Price foundation )
- It contains good cholesterol that is important for a baby’s brain development
- It is rich in omega-3 fatty acid that are important for brain development.
- It is easy to digest which makes it absolutely perfect for a baby’s still developing digestive system.
- It is a great source of vitamins and minerals relevant to a baby’s growth e.g riboflavin,folate,copper,thiamin,choline,vitamin b12 and a whole lots more!
EGG YOLK RECIPES
Egg yolk and breast milk/formula puree –
- Egg Yolk
- Breast Milk/formula
- Bring egg to boil , when you have reached a boil, transfer into a bowl filled with cold water, leave for about 5 minutes to cool and then peel.
- gently cut open egg white to bring out egg yolk
- Add breast milk depending on the consistency you want and mash r blend till smooth.
- feed baby!
Trust me, your baby’s health will thank you!!!
Have you tried this recipe? kindly share your result with us in the comment section